The name “Broad Oak” and the last name of John C. Braddock, the firm’s managing partner, are derived from the medieval name “Brodehoc,” meaning “dweller at the broad oak tree.” It traces back to the “Domesday Book,” a survey commissioned at Christmas 1085 by William the Conqueror as an accounting of assets in his kingdom. It chronicles the holdings of landowners in 31 counties, including those of Aluric Brodehoc (a.k.a. Aelfric Braddock) who owned “2 ploughs, and 2 slaves and 3 villans and 4 bordars, and 100 acres of pasture and 20 acres of woodland” located near the present day village of Braddock in East Cornwall on the Devonian Peninsula in southern England. Broad Oak’s tree logo is an original work of art created for the company by U.S. illustrator Kent Barton. Broad Oak's tree logo is ® U.S. Registered Trademark Nos. 6173480 and 3288216 and also registered with the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security, Intellectual Property Rights Branch, CBP Recordation Nos.: TMK 20-01044 and TMK 09-00204.